Attorney Huh's Immigration Blog

published by NY/NJ Immigration Lawyer Seoyoun Huh

Forgot to submit or did not turn in I-94 when you left the U.S.?

Posted on | January 30, 2010 | Comments Off

If you departed by a commercial airline, don’t worry. Your departure can be independently verified and it is not necessary to take any further action. If you still have the boarding pass, hold on. It can help expedite your reentry next time you come back to the U.S.

If you departed by land, you will need to take steps to correct the record. If you do not validate your timely departure from the U.S., the next time you enter the U.S., Customs and Border Protection (CBP) may conclude you remained in the U.S. beyond your authorized stay. If this happens, your entry may not be permitted.

To prove your timely departure from the U.S., send your I-94 with any documentation that proves you left the U.S. to:

1084 South Laurel Road, London, KY 40744

CBP, Answers, 2/24/2004 (updated 01/04/2010).


Comments are closed.

Attorney Profile

Seoyoun Huh
(201) 468-0201

Ewha Womans University (B.H.E & B.B.A)
University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D.)

Admitted to Bar:
New York, New Jersey, Wisconsin