Attorney Huh's Immigration Blog

published by NY/NJ Immigration Lawyer Seoyoun Huh

DUI conviction, Can I reenter the U.S.?

The U.S. does not deny entry to persons with a DUI (Driving under the Influence) conviction. However, if you have multiple convictions for DUI, you could be denied entry.
CBP Answer, 02/11/2004 (updated 01/04/2010).

I have unpaid traffic tickets. Will I be arrested when I re-enter the U.S.?

You will not be arrested unless a warrant is issued. However, you might be subject to an intensive inspection if your record is not clear. So pay your traffic tickets before you leave!

Forgot to submit or did not turn in I-94 when you left the U.S.?

If you departed by a commercial airline, don’t worry. Your departure can be independently verified and it is not necessary to take any further action. If you still have the boarding pass, hold on. It can help expedite your reentry next time you come back to the U.S.
If you departed by land, [...]

« go backkeep looking »

Attorney Profile

Seoyoun Huh
(201) 468-0201

Ewha Womans University (B.H.E & B.B.A)
University of Wisconsin Law School (J.D.)

Admitted to Bar:
New York, New Jersey, Wisconsin